Who we are (and who we are not)
Ideas from Erik:
- We are not a company that produces software and needs to increase its market share or stakeholder value
- The Core Team is not the owner of CiviCRM that prepares it for us to conquer the market
- Josh is not the CEO of CiviCRM LLC and the community
How we fund what we do: CiviCRM was founded and run on founder funding and has since shifted toward community funding. But, we’re not fully there yet. Should we be? This topic explores how we should be ‘funded’ based on how we work as well as where we want the project to go.
- What are our current funding streams?
- What should our funding streams be?
- What is getting funded in the first place and why?
- How do contributions factor into all this?
- What legal and tax implications exist?
- Other questions?