Stripe 6.4 requires reCaptcha to be present on the form, even when it is not on the form, and will fail silently when not present
"Make sure we don't submit the form if we have a reCaptcha and it is not valid." From https://docs.civicrm.org/stripe/en/latest/releasenotes/#release-64
Stripe 6.4 requires reCaptcha to be present on the form, even when it is not on the form, and will fail silently when not present.
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable the Stripe payment processor, 6.4
- Create a Contribution Page
- Set the Payment Method to Stripe
- Attempt to submit a Payment
- Contribution button is inactive
- No feedback to the user
- Repeat steps above
- Note in the JS Console, there is now a missing reCaptcha warning from Stripe JS
And then in addition to the above, when you do enable reCaptcha on the Form. It is only displayed for users that are not logged into the website.
If you have a user which IS logged into the website and has access to CiviCRM, then no reCaptcha is shown and again, Stripe will not accept the Contribution page being submitted - because there is no reCaptcha.
CiviCRM 5.25 Stripe 6.4
Agileware Ref: CIVICRM-1503