Form processor designer
- Use case Early Childhood Workforce
- Mockups of possible screens
- Architecture overview
- Technical implementation
The form processor idea comes from the fact I have been working on CiviMRF (CiviMcRestface) and the fact I have been developing custom api's for clients for data coming from a form on their external website.
Below is a use case at childhood workforce.
Use case Early Childhood Workforce.
- At early childhood workforce we have a form to signup for a newsletter.
- Early childhoofd workfoce is an intiative of Issa and the subscription should therefor be done in the civicrm of issa.
- When someone subscribe to the newsletter a new contact needs to be created and the contact needs to be added to group Newsletter
- We can use CiviMRF (mcrestface) to send the form data from early childhoodworkforce to the civicrm api.
- CiviMRF and webform integration only support one api action
- Therefor we can do a contact.create but not an additional GroupContact.create
Develop a custom api _ Newsletter.signup_ see [https://github.com/CiviCooP/nl.issa.api/blob/master/api/v3/Newsletter/Signup.php] and use that api in the CiviMRF at the Earlychildhoodworkforce.
How would Form End Point Designer fit into this?
There is no need to develop a custom api. The system administrator could create an end point which does exactly this from the user interface and without any knowledge of coding.
Mockups of possible screens
Below is the screen of how to edit a form processor
Below an image which represents the architecture with all the components which are out in the eco system.