Expose SOAP end-point through standard routing
Provide a binding for CRM_Utils_SoapServer in the conventional routing system.
- Create a D8 site
- Connect an email return channel using SOAP (eg CiviSMTP)
- There is a binding through the
- There are tests for the REST contract in
- The end-point is difficult to use/deploy in environments like D8.
- There is another binding
civicrm/api/soapwhich speaks the same protocol.
- The SoapTest hits both end-points (depending on what's valid/available for the given build).
- References to the SOAP endpoint are constructed via
- This is an offshoot of drupal#7 (closed) and cloud-native#16
- If issue #2077 is resolved, then this will be easy.
- There is a draft/WIP PR: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/18103
- I think it's worth seriously considering an alternative -- eg provide a non-SOAP replacement for pushing in email notifications, e.g. through the REST API.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information