Expose a REST end-point through standard routing
Provide a binding for CRM_Utils_REST in the conventional routing system.
- Create a D8 site
- Create user/contact and set their API key
- Access the
restend-point with their API key
- There is a binding through the
- There are tests for the REST contract in
- The end-point is difficult to use/deploy in environments like D8.
- There is another binding
civicrm/api/restwhich speaks the same protocol.
- The RestTest hits both end-points (depending on what's valid/available for the given build).
- References to the REST endpoint (eg RestTest and API Explorer) are constructed via
- This is an offshoot of drupal#7 (closed) and cloud-native#16
- This sounds easier than it is.
- There's a draft/WIP: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/17952
- The protocol's authentication-handler is tied into
CRM_Utils_System::loadBootstrap(). This needs refactoring/reworking to apply to be valid in a standard route.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information