- Overview / Scope
- Installing translation (.mo) files for an extension
- Publishing extensions on Transifex
Overview / Scope
This page covers more advanced or "work in progress" areas about extension translation in CiviCRM.
See also: Extension Translation in the Developer Guide.
Installing translation (.mo) files for an extension
This extension aims to automatically download and update translation files, including those for extensions:
Otherwise you can download the translation files for an extension by using the following URL structure:
- Add l10nupdate to the extension directory
- Review and enable for 'automatic distribution'
- Wishlist: a packaging system for extensions on civicrm.org should bundle the translations in the main tar.gz? (similar to bundling composer/npm dependencies)
Publishing extensions on Transifex
For an extension to be added on Transifex, it must be published on civicrm.org and must be validated for "automatic distribution".