Membership status does not get updated during membership import when status override is set
Membership statuses are not updated during import to a non-rule based status even when status override is set.
- Use Memberships/Import Memberships to import a CSV file (example below)
- Choose Contact Type individual, Update existing memberships
- When choosing a field mapping, make sure to match on Membership ID, Membership Type and Membership Start Date
- Import file should contain columns for Membership Status and Membership Status Override (in the example below, I chose a non-rule based status "Deceased" plus Membership Status Override of 1)
- Start import. Import indicates success on the screen.
- Check records. Note that Membership Status Override is set correctly, however the Membership Status remains at the rule-based status and is not changed to the indicated non-rule status.
Membership ID,Member Since,Membership Start Date,Membership Type,Membership Status,Status Override,First Name,Last Name 1,2016-09-11,2016-09-11,General,Deceased,1,Iris,Lee 3,2016-09-09,2016-09-09,General,Deceased,1,Lincoln,Zope 7,2016-09-05,2016-09-05,General,Deceased,1,Ray,Jones 9,2016-09-03,2016-09-03,General,Deceased,1,Nicole,Ivanov
We have noticed this regression in the following Civi versions 5.28.3, 5.29.1 and 5.31.beta1. It was working as expected in Civi version 5.24.3.