Proposal on Membership Renewal form re 'fixMembershipBeforeRenew'
When a membership is renewed via the backoffice form one step in the process is to call
This does a couple of things
- it checks what the correct status is as of the current date
- if it is not 'correct' it
- changes the status
- adds a membership log
- adds an activity
- updates a parameter which tells the calling function if the membership is now current.
My belief is that this last parameter is useful to the calling function and the other steps are byproducts of shared code that may not be that relevant.
I propose we either
- say that it is not necessary/ helpful to change the status & add the various entries in this flow OR
- if it is useful (probably because the scheduled job didn't run) then we do it in the preProcess function rather than the post process
(note there are some related issues that might come up - please try to add separate issues if you want to raise points outside this specific proposal)