Disabling a price option or price field causes to be zeroed out and financial integrity issues when changing fee selections
To reproduce this error:
- Create a Price set with > 1 price fields
- Register and pay for someone using just 1 of those price fields
- Now disable the price field that was used in step 2
- Navigate to change fee selections to now select an option from the 2nd price field
- Notice that the qty for the first price field gets zeroed out and no new financial trxn is created sensibly.
I believe @KarinG replicated this in chat https://chat.civicrm.org/civicrm/pl/ap5bif4gsifeuc57yftbxnmynh a work around is to rather than disabling the price option is to set the visibility to be admin only. The situation we were having is we were offering a catered option and an uncatered option for an event and wanted to stop people registering for the catered option at a point in time.