Contribution page including 2 email fields does not respect dedupe rule.
Unsupervised rule fails if we have 2 email fields to match on with latter set as empty. To replicate -
- Add a profile with first name, last name, billing email and work email.
- Create a contact with first name = "Test", Last name = "Dedupe" and email = "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Add the profile to a contribution page.
- Submit the contribution page anonymously and enter First name = Test, Last name = "Dedupe" and billing email = "email@example.com". Keep work email as empty.
- Complete the payment.
- The payment should be recorded against the existing contact based on dedupe matching.
- As we do not have any value filled for second email field, dedupe fails and a new contact is created with same details.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information