Recreate core screens as Search Displays
See also #3761 for the SK/FB roadmap.
This is a meta issue for the work required to recreate many core screens using SearchKit and FormBuilder.
These new screens are in one of three locations:
- Directly in core (list): these screens replace the old screens, and often the old code is removed. There is no option to revert to the old versions.
- In the CiviCRM Administration UI extension (list): these screens replace the old screens but administrators can either disable the extension, or disable individual screens (by removing the URL in FormBuilder). These will eventually become the standard screens and old code removed - but need a bit more testing and verification.
- In the CiviCRM Search UI extension (list): these screens don't have the full functionality of the screens they will eventually replace. In some cases, new features in SK are needed before they can fully replace existing screens. They are still useful and are a basis for further development. These may eventually migrate into AdminUI.
We welcome contributions from anyone who wants to get involved with this. If you need any help getting started, ask in the ~AdminUI channel on Mattermost.
It builds on the work started by Coleman to create the CiviCRM Administration UI extension. Many more screens were created during the Manchester Sprint in October 2022.
- Join the ~AdminUI channel on Mattermost.
- If you want to work on any of these, please add your name to the item and keep it updated as work progresses.
- Look at the screens that have already been converted and try to follow a similar format.
- The aim is to include all the functionality of the existing screens but without twisting SK in knots to exactly reproduce an existing screen.
- Each screen will have at least three files:
.aff.jsoncopied from the
.mgd.phpexported from API Explorer.
- If you can't reproduce some aspect of an existing screen, create a WIP (Work in Progress) PR and note it below. Someone else may know how to do that, or it may need a new feature adding to SK.
- Some people found creating the PR harder than creating the new screen. We don't want that to be a barrier to getting these screens converted so if you don't want to create the PR, just email me with the 3 files to and I'll do the PR.
- There are more screens to do than those below. If you want to do something else, please add it to this page.
|Grant Status Options
|To be used for all option values
|Personal Campaign Pages
|Needs a pseudoconstant so we can link Personal Campain Pages to Contribution Page
|Print Page (PDF) Formats
|Settings - SMS Provider
|Event Name Badge Layouts
|Settings - Payment Processor
|Headers, Footers, and Automated Messages
|Membership Status Rules
|the search doesn't exist in core (the dashboard does and is already in SearchUI)
|Does not yet support oauth-client method to add mail accounts
|see conditional in-place edit
|Payment Processor Type
|Doesn't exist in menus. Don't think this is needed as processor types added by extensions, not UI.
|ACL Assign Users to Roles
|There is a new Message Admin Core extension. See comments on PR
|Settings - Scheduled Jobs
|Price set fields
|Manage Contribution Pages
|@alainb (Alain Benbassat)
|WIP - need PR (see wip 28511) to add a pseudo field with components list
|Create New Report from Template
|The Report Templates Entity lacks in SK
Other Option Values (when main Option Values is done):
|Accepted Credit Cards Options
|Activity Type Options
|Addressee Type Options
|Communication Style Options
|Custom Search Options
|Email Greeting Type Options
|From Email Address Options
|Individual contact suffixes Options
|Instant Messenger (IM) screen-names Options
|Mobile Phone Providers Options
|Payment Methods Options
|Phone Type Options
|Postal Greeting Type Options
|Preferred Communication Method Options
|Soft Credit Types Options
|Website Type Options
These searches should be placed in the SearchUI extension rather than AdminUI. When the new search fully replaces the functionality of the core page it can override the existing URL. Otherwise, create an alternate URL and place a menu entry under Experimental.
|it doesn't make sense since we can create appropriate searches with SK
|Merged, needs more work
|civicrm/mailing civicrm/mailing/browse/scheduled civicrm/mailing/browse/archived civicrm/mailing/browse/unscheduled
it's staying :
|Single Case View
|Contact summary: Notes tab
|Contact summary: Relationships tab
|civicrm/campaign, civicrm/petition, civicrm/survey
|Contact summary: Membership tab