Write-off feature for pledges
On a pledge, in Edit Scheduled Payment, we can delete a pledge payment. The total pledge amount is reduced by the amount of the scheduled payment and the balance due is recalculated. But in this scenario, the pledge status is left as is.
We can also cancel a pledge. All scheduled payments are canceled but the pledge status is set to canceled and the pledge balance and the total pledge amount are not recalculated. So I propose a new feature for the write-off.
- Add the menu option “Write Off” before Cancel.
- All scheduled payments are canceled like for a pledge cancellation.
- Pledge status is changed to Completed.
- Total pledge amount is reduced by the existing pledge balance amount.
- Pledge balance is set to $0.
- An activity of type “Pledge write-off” is created and recorded on the contact.
- Activity Subject=total pledge amount
- Activity Date and time = date and time of the action
- Activity Status=Completed
- Actions available on the activity should be View and File on case only like for the activity type Contribution.
- The option Write-Off is available only for a pledge that has at least one pledge payment. If no pledge payment has been recorded with a pledge, write-off doesn’t make any sense, so we should have only the options to delete or cancel a pledge.
- if pledge status =Pending or Overdue > Show only Cancel and Delete
- if pledge status = In progress > show only Write-Off and Delete
- if pledge status = Completed or Canceled > show only Delete