CiviCRM 5.41.0 - CiviCase 2.x duplicates Custom Fields when a mandatory field validation error occurs. Case cannot be saved.
CiviCase 2.x duplicates Custom Fields when a mandatory field validation error occurs. Case cannot be saved.
Steps to reproduce the problems:
- Set up a new CiviCase Type ("Complaint")
- Create a Custom Fieldset ("Complaint Details") for that CiviCase Type.
- Set some of the Custom Fields in the Custom Fieldset to Mandatory.
- Create new Case and select the Case Type ("Complaint").
- Note that the Custom Fieldset, "Complaint Details" are displayed
- Do not complete all the mandatory fields.
- Save the Case.
- Validation error message triggers the "Complaint Details" Custom Fields to be displayed twice on the form
- The "Complaint Details" Custom Fields have both the values submitted and empty values
- If the Case, "Complaint" is saved again after completing the mandatory fields. A validation error occurs on the empty, duplicate "Complaint Details" Custom Fields which are empty.
The workaround at this time is to ensure all mandatory fields are completed before saving.
- CiviCRM 5.41.0
- CiviCase 2.2.0 https://github.com/compucorp/uk.co.compucorp.civicase/archive/refs/tags/2.2.0.zip
Agileware Ref: CIVICRM-1867