Permissions problem on add or edit template
A User with the permissions Access CiviCRM backend and API, Access AJAX API, Edit message templates, Edit user-driven message templates can view existing templates, open the form to add or edit one, but gets a fatal error on trying to save it.
This is a regression between 5.24 which worked, and 5.28.2 which does not.
- Set up user with above permissions
- Go to Mailings -> Message Templates
- Click Add Template, fill in Title, Subject and a single line of plain text in the content.
- Click Save and Done.
Get the attached error message, Authorisation Failure ...
Should save correctly.
- Browser: Firefox / Chrome
- CiviCRM: 5.28.2. Worked correctly in 5.24.
- PHP: 7.2.33
- CMS: Drupal 7.72 (Also reported on Joomla)