Links in mails fail - extern/url.php fails to find configuration via civicrm.config.php
Links in mails result in an error
Could not load the settings file at: ...
CiviCRM 5.24.2 Backdrop 1.15.1
This depends on the location of the civicrm module relative to the backdrop root directory. In a default install, the settings file is in
BACKDROP_ROOT with civi in
- Create a mail containing a link
- Send mail
- Link should be https://example.org/modules/contrib/civicrm/extern/url.php - click it and browser gives above error
../civicrm.config.php That has a comment saying "This function has been copied from BACKDROP_ROOT/core/includes/bootstrap.inc" but comparing to the referenced file shows the process to find the conf dir has been updated in Backdrop but not in our copy.
- An easy fix is to change civicrm.config.php (via backdrop/civicrm.config.php.backdrop) and add another location check
- More complex and still not great is to refresh the copied functions
- There has been discussion about getting rid of extern (particularly around extern/ipn.php) - is there a plan for this?
I have a PR-able fix as per 1) but would be good to get an answer re 3)
This was noted on a new install with current versions and defaults. Don't know whether this worked out of the box previously but does not look to be connected to any recent core changes.
- CiviCRM: 5.24.2
- PHP: 7.3
- CMS: 1.15.1