when importing contributions, can't match contact on phone number
When importing contributions, you can't match an existing contact using a phone number, even when the default unsupervised rule specified the phone field. It is because the dedupe rule calls the phone field "phone_numeric" yet the contact list of importable fields lists the field as "phone" - so no match is every made.
- Click on Contacts -> Find and Merge Duplicate Contacts.
- Click Add rule for Individuals.
- Rule Name: Phone, Used: Unsupervised, Select field Phone and enter weight: 1, Threshhold: 1 and Save
- Click Contributions -> Import Contributions
- Upload any CSV file, choose defaults
- Click Next
- See that Phone is not listed in fields to import
When the field mapper screen appears and you have an supervised dedupe rule with a phone field, you get a missing index error, a phantom "match to contact" option in the field list, and the phone field is not listed.
The phone field should be listed (with "match to contact").