Autoassignees on case activities might assign the wrong person if client has another case with that role assigned there
In a case type timeline you can configure autoassignees for activities based on a role in the case. To reproduce:
- In the case type edit screen configure a role like "Benefits Specialist is".
- Add another timeline (you can use the standard one but it's easier to see with a new one).
- In that timeline add a followup activity and set the autoassignee to be by relationship and to "Benefits Specialist is".
- Save the case type.
- Create a case of that type.
- Assign the role of "Benefits Specialist is" to someone.
- Add the other timeline via the Add Timeline dropdown on manage case. So far ok.
- Create another case for the same client.
- Don't assign the role of "Benefits Specialist is".
- Add the other timeline again to this case.
- The Benefits Specialist from the OTHER CASE gets assigned here.
Note that this happens even if you close the first case before the second.
I think there's two things going on. One is a variation of issues with closed cases and relationships noted elsewhere, and the other is that the lookup for who to assign doesn't take case_id into account. The first part though would be made irrelevant here if the case_id is taken into account.
There is a little gotcha for relationships that can and usually do exist outside the case, like spouse. If you assign the relationship outside the case, then you might actually expect it to be assigned to the activity without having to assign it specifically as a role on every case.
And this isn't a recent issue I'm thinking it's always been independent of case_id since introduced.