The Governance Summit & Dev Camp is intended to be an annual event dedicated towards furthering the overall management of CiviCRM as well as presenting new developments and providing dev training in order to improve the software. We encourage CiviCRM partners, active contributors, and individuals/organizations that are strongly interested in shaping the project to participate.
We plan to rotate the event on different continents every year, so don't miss out when they are near you!
Bruce Thompson - Kilakwa Associates @Kilakwabt
Josh Gowans - CiviCRM Core Team @josh
Please PM us on Mattermost (https://chat.civicrm.org) if you want to help organize this event.
If you have not yet completed the attendee survey please do ASAP. This wurvey will help with logistics and eeting any special requests. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uS_ETRoc9kUbG6G-SeOW_zQ1YAcsq_LYwWibVcLffTQ/
Dates: September 25th thru September 30th (September 24th arrival is fine. September 30th is intended to be a travel day.)
Location: Hands in 4 Youth Conference Center
Address: 256 Macopin Rd, West Milford, NJ USA 07480 https://goo.gl/maps/w4Z8RcFCWwr
Nearest airport: Newark Liberty International Airport
- The site will be available for arrivals after 4 PM on September 24th.
- NJ transit: Take the 194 bus from the Port Authority to Butler, Meadtown Shopping Center. Rides from there to the camp are available.
- From Newark Airport take NJ Transit bus to the Wayne Transit Center, from there you can catch the 194 to Meadtown Shopping Center.
- In person: https://civicrm.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=1222
- Remote participation: https://civicrm.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=1291
In person space is limited to 50 people, please register asap while there is space (we may add capacity if it is requested early enough).
We hope to have a defined agenda for both governance related work and actual coding. We also anticipate a morning meeting, afternoon summary of work complete, and daily presentations on cool stuff.
Proposed Schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday & Wednesday focused on Governance*
- Thursday Community day/
- Friday & Saturday Dev Camp.
We'll use the issue queue (https://lab.civicrm.org/community-team/governance-summit-code-sprint/issues) on this project to track/discuss potential agenda items in advance of the sprint and will establish an agenda/structure and list of objectives prior.
Agenda items (issues) can be labeled "Governance", "Development" and "Marketing" to indicate the focus.
In addition to discussing agenda items in advance, feel free to thumbs up/down to indicate interest.
Lodging & Accommodations
The lodging will be rustic... bunk style, just like at summer camp. There are 20 rooms in 2 wings that sleep 2-4 people each. We'll cook together, breakfast, lunch and dinner. What better way to get to know each other!
For more specifics on the building we will be using, here is a link: https://max-nozewski-33yw.squarespace.com/arlene-labadorf-learning-center
There is onsite parking at no cost.
For anyone looking for nearby hotel accommodations, here are the closest with standard rates for the date range. Better rates may be available with AAA or through online booking service.
- Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, $144/night includes breakfast, approx 5 miles from site.
- Best Western Regency House Hotel, $105/night includes breakfast, approx 10 miles from site.
- Courtyard by Marriott Wayne-Fairfield, $180/night, approx 13 miles from site.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield, $110/night includes breakfast, approx 13 miles from site.
When you get between 15-20 miles from the site there are a large amount of major hotels ranging from $100 to $250 per night.
- Cost is roughly $100 per day. Registration is online at: https://civicrm.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=1222
- Sponsor opportunities are available to help defray attendee costs and potentially seed fund specific issues to address during the sprint. Interested? Sponsor here: https://civicrm.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=95