Unwind CT role in events
Per the CT Annual Report, we are stepping back from the management and oversight of events. The following is a list of things that needs to happen (not necessarily in order):
- Identify an Events Group Leader
- Define the group leader's role in managing events for CiviCRM (see potential tasks below)
- Revise the CiviCRM trademark policy
- Complete revision to code of conduct policy
- Archive the current event guidelines
- Establish new minimal event guidelines
- Close out the discussion on using event proceeds as partner dues
- Revise website (scope tbd)
- Revise user permissions (scope tbd based on community input)
- Revise accounting of events
Potential Tasks & Considerations
- Does there need to be an events group at all?
- Who can post events to civicrm.org?
- What type of events are acceptable to post?
- What requirements are necessary to post to civicrm.org (for example, must event organizers include a code of conduct policy)?
- How are sponsorships and proceeds accounted for?