Improve user onboarding and community engagement
This is not the perfect place for this issue, however it does heavily involve the website (and am using the amsterdam milestone). I'd like to spend some idea figuring out how to develop a dead simple process for easier onboarding of new community members.
- identify and communicate "why" it's important to sign up... what are the benefits?
- improve user registration on c.o and related automated messages
- improve use/clarity of related infra (GL, MM, etc.)
- determine a way to idenfity new members and try to cultivate them
- reconsider the "ambassadors" program as a forum for engaging prospective users