The page is intended to detail how the 'experts' listing functions at present. Using quotes around the word experts because there's some debate about this term. Until that's resolved, we'll keep calling it the 'experts listing'. This page is intended to be a reference point for discussion on how best to improve the listing.
Currently the list includes partners (service providers that pay membership dues) and contributors (providers and individuals that contribute time).
The sorting of the listing is based on the sum all monies and contributions over the past rolling 12 months, including today, specifically:
- partner dues
- event sponsorship
- make it happen contributions
- general donations
- contributed time logged * $20 (details on contributing time here)
Providers/individuals are listed in order of highest first. The calculation does not include:
- Event registration fees
- Payment for services provided by the Core Team
- Spark dues
- Extended Security subscription
- Monies and contributed time reported and managed, but not accounted for, outside of CiviCRM's infrastructure
- Monies paid from provider to provider for work that may benefit the community
- The calculation emphasizes monetary support. This makes sense as since 2014 the message has been that the "community needs to fund the project", and since 2015 we've been managing a cash crunch/declining budget.
- The contribution calculation originally started at $10 and was moved to $20 per donated hour approximately 1 year ago. This has helped reshuffle the listing and has incentivized some to log their time.