Collect contact info in-app
On install, let's add a couple of questions to the process, with sensible defaults. A select box that asks who the installer is.
- I am installing this for use by my organization.
- I am a member of the CiviCRM Providers' Association
- Other (e.g. I am a website builder hired by this org, just curious, etc.)
Checkboxes that submit additional data during pingbacks to:
- auto-subscribe user 1 to the CiviCRM newsletter;
- Ask if the installer is interested in being contacted by a CiviCRM community ambassador for help getting started/finding community resources.
Make it clear that these can be changed at any time.
The first question will give us partner/non-partner stats, and allow us to target messaging more effectively. The second question will identify folks interested in becoming attached to the community.
In addition to approving this concept generally, we need to float this past various parties to satisfy these concerns:
- Is this GDPR compliant? Does it raise any privacy issues generally?
- Does it violate the WordPress directory plugin policy, necessitating we exclude it from the WP "lite" version?
- Do partners have an issue with their clients being known to core team? Does answering that it's a partner install mean the other questions should change?