Odd UX: Installing an extension makes it disappear from the list
Created by: twomice
This is not a bug, but is a little disorienting for the user.
- Click the "Add New" tab and find an extension there that you want to install.
- Click the "Install" link for that extension.
- Observe the "Installing..." and "Installed" messages; then observe that the extension is immediately desaparecido from the list. Of course it is, because it's installed and it no longer should be listed under "Add New". But for the user, this is a bit of a surprise. "Where's my extension? I just @#$%^ installed it, and now it's gone!"
So what's better? Perhaps one of these options:
- After installing, switch the view to the "Installed" tab and highlight the extension in the list.
- Grey-out the newly installed extension, and keep it in the "Add New" list temporarily, as long as the "Add New" tab is continuously in view (ie., until the page is reloaded or the view is switched to the "Installed" tab.) Implementing this option probably means changing our current approach of just reloading the "Add New" tab content; instead we would leave the tab contents as-is and just change the model to reflect a the "just-installed" status of this extension. I like this option better.
Blocked by: #27