"The Fully Qualified Name did not match parent extension" validation failure
I am getting this error but I don't understand what it actually means.
From: email@example.com Subject: Your extension release on civicrm.org Date: 19 November 2017 at 16:11
This is a message from the automated release system on civicrm.org. Congratulations on releasing version v1.0 of extension 'Environment Indicator Integration'.
Unfortunately we have found a few errors while processing your release:
- The Fully Qualified Name did not match parent extension: contrib.environmentindicator
You will need to correct these errors before we can accept this release.
Further help is available in the developer guide at https://docs.civicrm.org/dev/en/latest/extensions/publish/.
You can also request help on Mattermost at https://chat.civicrm.org/civicrm/channels/extensions.
If you no longer wish to publish this release, deleting the v1.0 tag from your extension's repository will stop these notices.
Thank you so much for being an active contributor to CiviCRM and our community.
- Is it saying that the extension name ("Environment Indicator Integration") and the extension key (contrib.environmentindicator) do not match? (The docs say it's OK if the extension "basename" matched the file tag?)
- Is it reporting to me that it's detected the historic change of this extension key from contrib.environmentindicator to nz.co.fuzion.environmentindicator?
- Should it be reporting invalid info.xml in unpublished releases? (I published v1.2 of this ext in order to fix the mismatch in info.xml, why validate unsupported / unpublished releases?)
- Daily emails feels a bit on the heavy side!
I know this is a repeat of #12 (closed) but I can't tell what the actual invalidity is from that ticket, only that removing a git tag will somehow fix it. Hoping that by asking I can help document the solution for the next person ...