Menu: have a quick way to access "My Contact"
Bits from #38 (closed):
J: If you want to change or set up your signature, you have to find your CiviCRM Contact, by searching for it - and of course, make sure that it's the right one not a duplicate.
M: Maybe we could add a "My Contact Record" link from the CiviCRM logo menu item?
J: It's not an obvious position to put it, you really want something that's clearly labelled and visible without having to click on a icon to see it. The icon itself doesn't indicate at all what is there - I didn't even know this was a menu (no jokes). I would suggest adding a "My Preferences" or a "My Account" top-level menu item between the Reports and Administer menus.
- For now, we do not have the concept of an account or preferences in CiviCRM, we only have contact records, so I think that it should be called something like "My contact".
- The CiviCRM menu is overwhelmingly huge (for admins), and despite what we recommend them, many admins tend to add custom reports on the top-level menu. I would be reluctant to add more items that take a lot of space.
- (tangent: I suspect it's because the default "Report" menu is not useful to them, so they want something more obvious, which then creates a mess; I have a few ideas for that, but it's another tangent, see also report#74).
- The CiviCRM logo menu item is not obvious at all to a lot of people. It does have a logout link, which makes it a good candidate I think. I would have been tempted to change the logo to a user icon, but also has other things. Maybe need a better hint that it is a menu item?
- (other tangent: I think we should remove the "Hide menu" option from there, since we also have a toggle at the end, and it makes little sense to users who do not have access to the CMS admin menu.)
- It could be a menu item at the end of the "Contacts" menu? It could be a less-disruptive first step towards the concept.