Contributions created as pending can be later completed in test mode, behaving like live contributions
Contributions created as pending can be later completed in test mode using the
civicrm/contribute/transact path, behaving like live contributions.
e.g. linked Memberships are moved from Pending to New
- As an admin, create a Contribution Page that performs "real-time transactions" allows the end user to leave a Contribution in Pending state (either pay later or with a payment processor that defers payment with "incomplete transaction"). For complete coverage, include membership sign up configuration.
- As a normal user, visit the Contribution Page in live mode and submit details, but do not complete the transaction
- As the same user, reload the Contribution Page in test mode with the relevant contribution id as URL parameter
- Complete the transaction using test credit card details
- As an admin, observe that the contribution has been updated as though it were completed in live mode including relevant changes to any linked entities.
Suggest that this page should probably refuse access in test mode if it attempts to load an existing contribution that is not marked