- Case Studies
- View Cart
- Participants and Prices
- Subevent Selection
- Variation: Admin-mode Checkout
- Known limitations
- Feature Requests
A checkout workflow allowing for multiple events and participants to be paid for with a single financial transaction. It lets you add multiple events to your cart, it lets you add sub-events and it lets you register multiple people at once.
The new workflow is configured with a global setting, "Use Cart Checkout workflow", in Administer -> CiviEvent -> CiviEvent Component Settings. Please note that none of the following functionality will be available until this setting has been enabled.
When cart workflow is enabled, any event registration links will be changed into "Add to Cart" or "Remove from Cart" buttons, and the "Conference Slots" subevent management tab will be available through the event management interface.
View of all events in your cart so far, with links to event info and Remove. A button will take you to checkout, asking you to log in if you haven't already. Anonymous users can have items in their cart, but cannot begin checkout without an account.
"Provides a lighter workflow for the CiviCRM Event Cart. Designed for a ticket box office (ex: where you do not need the names of participants)."
You are encouraged to add a Cart menu, pointing to civicrm/event/view_cart in your site navigation.
Participants and Prices
Any number of participants can be added to each event. If the event has a pre- or post- profile group set, those fields will be displayed here.
A hierarchy is possible between events. In the Manage Events page, on the "Conference Slots" tab of the event you would like to make into a subevent, you can choose a main event by title. The conference "Slot" label is a grouping like "Morning Study Sessions", a rough time slot in which each participant will have to select one event to attend.
To manage conference slot labels, go to "Conference Slot Labels", in Administer -> Administration Console -> Conference Slot Labels -> look for "Conference Slot" and click "Edit Options".
If the cart contains any events which have been made a "main event" in this way, a page will appear for each participant, allowing you to select one session from each slot. These session selections are displayed for review on the next page, and each participant will receive an email confirming individual selections.
Note that we do not support paid subevents. If a paid event is used as a subevent, it will still appear as free during checkout.
Payment is the same as in single event registration. Contributions are linked with the logged-in user's contact id. If an event is unpaid, or discounts add up to the full tuition, a zero-dollar contribution is created.
One payment has been approved, an email receipt goes out to the payer, and a confirmation to each participant contact.
A final "thank-you" page appears, detailing each line item of the transaction and confirming the transaction number.
Variation: Admin-mode Checkout
If the logged-in user has the "administer CiviCRM" permission, there is an additional "Billing email" field at the top of the payment page. Contributions will be linked with this contact instead of the administrator's contact.
Other payment options will be available in admin mode, such as pending check payment.
- CiviDiscount is not supported (see Extensions below)
- Off-page payment processors (such as Paypal Standard) may not work
- Pay-later may not work
- Event Cart: email shown twice on Cart Checkout #2
Needs to be reviewed, this may not be up to date:
- save to the participant.fee_level and contribution.amount_level columns
- correct contribution.source
- no default radio selection for event fee
- add a "view cart" button on the event info page
- provide help text on Conference Slot option editor
- "cid=0" not fully implemented (email=null and for the billing contact)
- Payment "Go Back" button needs to appear second in the generated html
- https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-13477 - asked Mathieu, ignore, A.net had some major changes that probably fixed this.
- https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-14053 - probably fixed, not currently causing problems?
- https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-14293 but apparently fixed cmtool/core@c9851962
- https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-16667 - not fix
- https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-16668 - unknown, possibly still live
- https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-16753 - possibly live, but also these processors are changing how they work, so it might not be super relevant
- https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-19001 - 100% still life, Mathieu is actually working on this one. is this one a patch/update that just didn't get submitted properly? Is it similar to these SE question? https://civicrm.stackexchange.com/questions/644/has-anyone-added-discounting-functionality-to-the-cart-component-of-civievent and https://civicrm.stackexchange.com/questions/17254/discounts-with-webform-civicrm-and-event-registration
Extensions that increase the functionality or capabilities of Event Cart
- Event Cart supports https://lab.civicrm.org/extensions/eventpack
- Event Cart supports https://lab.civicrm.org/extensions/boxoffice
Extensions of interest
Though not directly integrated with Event Cart, anyone exploring customizing events may want to check out https://lab.civicrm.org/extensions/civicrm-advanced-events.
Exploring the 'events' tag will reveal more of interest: https://lab.civicrm.org/explore/projects?tag=events
Extensions that do not currently work with Event Cart
- CiviDiscount, various attempts have been done, see https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-16481 https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/8427 and @bgm work/patches through KCMF
FEATURE REQUEST TO EASILY CONTACT 'ABANDONED CART' USERS
- 2011-08-23 21:12 Original New Feature Notes: https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-8705
- 2011 GiantRabbit post: https://civicrm.org/blog/giantrabbit/case-study-civicrm-multiple-event-registration
- 2015 Major functionality update CRM-16481 https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-16481
- 2017 https://civicrm.stackexchange.com/questions/3156/civievent-shopping-cart-status, see screenshot below for details