Customised greetings not handled during merge
It is possible to set customised email or postal 'greetings' in the system. However, when you choose to take across a customised greeting during a merge - the greeting itself is not migrated.
Steps to recreate:
- Create a contact record A, email address 'email@example.com'
- Edit record A, change the 'email greeting' to 'Customised' and the text to 'Why hi A!'
- Create a contact record B, email address 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Find duplicates on email address
- Go to merge the contacts, ensure that 'Email greeting ID 4' is being taken across:
(note this is easier with patch https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/14260 applied!)
- Merge and view result
- Notice that the fact it is 'customised' has been retained, but the actual value has been lost:
This needs to be fixed for: email greeting, postal greeting and addressee fields. + tests written!
The fix would be:
- Ensure that the customised values are also displayed on the merge form
- Ensure that the 'customisations' are taken across when selected during a merge
- Ensure that customisations are removed appropriately if they are not longer customised as the result of a merge
- Handle cases where both contacts have different customised greetings
Thoughts: The display could be like:
Greeting ID: Customised: Hello A ----> Customised: Hello hello A!
rather than having the customisation displayed in a separate row on the merge screen