The UI for creating a report is unclear.
Currently the workflow for creating a new report from a template is:
- Go to Reports->AllReports
- Click "New Report".
- Choose the template
- Click "View Results" (after optionally changing some criteria)
- Click Actions->Create Report.
- Fill in the title in the popup
- Make any further changes, using the extra tabs that have now appeared.
If you attempt to do 5) before 4), it appears that nothing has happened. This is confusing and makes it look like the process is not working.
In the long term, I think it would be best if steps 4) and 5) were omitted entirely, because the user has already chosen to create a report (2) and picked the template (3), so it is odd to require them to do a "create report" action again.
But in the short term perhaps the confusion could be fixed by making 5) work without having to do 4) or, as an easier option, popping up an error message if the user does 5) without having done 4), to prompt them to do 4).