PCP is still active after contribution page is disabled.
To replicate -
- Create a contribution page and enable PCP.
- User makes a donation from the live page and creates a PCP of his own.
- When an admin approves the PCP, a notification email is sent to the creator.
- Disable the Contribution page.
- PCP is kept as it is.
- When the live page is visited by the promoter or the user from the PCP link, a yellow message is displayed on the page
Real problem seems to be - you have someone who has made a P2P contribution page who might have no clue the page has been disabled by a site admin and is out promoting the page!
- Disable PCP when CP is disabled.
- Keep PCP as it is and change the error message on PCP load.
- Disable the PCP and send an email notification to the creator.
- The current error is perhaps the correct and enough response to be shown to the user
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information