Contribution gets saved with wrong financial type
Hi all! There is a small issue when you have a membership type with 'financial type A' and having a membership price set with 'financial type B', and the contribution page is using the price set.
- I have a membership called ‘General’
- I have 2 membership financial types: ‘member dues’ and ‘member dues 20% discount’
- The ‘General’ membership type is using ‘member dues’ financial type
- I create a membership price set, adding the ‘General’ membership type with the other financial type (‘member dues 20% discount’) and save it
- Then I set up a contribution page using financial type ‘member dues 20% discount’
- enable the member processing on the contribution page
- and select the previously created member price set
- Then I sign up to this membership
- --> and the created contribution is using the ‘member dues’ financial type - Incorrect https://nimb.ws/nf8wlZ
- --> the contribution’s line item is using the ‘member dues 20% discount’ financial type - Correct
- --> the contribution's transaction item is using the ‘member dues 20% discount’ financial type - Correct
I would have expected for the main contribution to use the ‘member dues 20% discount’ too, but apparently its using the Membership Type’s financial type. I have checked on the latest civicrm demo (5.14) site as well and the behaviour is the same.
One of our clients reported this. Thanks, Rita