Release v6.0 Planning
Bumping the version to 6.0 would give the opportunity to slip in some big changes that we have not been able to do for the 5.x cycle.
- Escape-on-output with its massive upgrade step
- Mark Afform/SearchKit as stable, not beta, and require them to be enabled - start using them in core.
(maybe too hard) Fix the DataObject's crazy handling of
'null'(which they actually named
- There may be upgrade-hesitancy, expect adoption to be slower than a 5.x drop.
- It would be smart to have the last 5.x version be an ESR release.
- Depending on how thorny the big changes are, we could buy ourselves some time and tag the first few as 6.0.beta releases. This would mean that for a few months CiviCRM does not put out any new stable releases except for regression fixes in the last 5.x.x.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information