Line items not visible on recurring contribution
When creating a new contribution recur with a contribution page and a price set with multiple line items. The line items are not stored within the contribution recur entity.
Steps to reproduce
- Create a new price set (Financial type donation)
- Create a price set field (Financial type Campaign donation)
- Create a second price set field (Financial type Products)
- Create a contribution page: Financial type: donation Amounts tab: Payment Processor: test processor Amounts tab: Contributions amount section enabled: checked Amounts tab: Price set: select the created price set Amounts tab: Recurring contributions: check
- Create a new contribution recur through the contribution page
- Lookup the contribution recur on the Contact Summary
Showing the line items. The total amount is correct.
Line items are not visible at the contribution recur.
Below a screenshot of the contribution
And of the recurring contribution
I have looked up the line items in the database and there are no line items linked to the recurring contribution. So the possible solution would exists of two steps:
- Connect the line items to contribution recur
- Make the line items visible in a similar way as on the contribution.
Creating a new contribution with the
contribution.repeattransaction api based on the first contribution and the recurring contribution correctly creates the line items at the contribution level.
I have some funding to work on this. So PR's might follow soon.
Fix for saving line items at the recurring contribution: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/20398
- Fix for showing the line items from the template contribution: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/20399
- Fix for excluding template contributions from reports: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/20450
- Fix for searching template contributions: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/20451
- Fix for excluding template contributions on the contact summary tab: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/20452
- Fix for adding a button view template on the recurring contributions tab: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/20685
Fix for creation of template contributions: https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/20453
- Update user documentation
- Make sure an upgrade path exists
See also financial#6