CiviCRM menu toggle "adjust menu position" customisable
There are 2 ways for CiviCRM users to show the drupal menu
- Using ‘hide menu’ dropdown under the CiviCRM main menu, which hides the CiviCRM menu showing only the drupal menu
- With the ‘adjust menu position’ toggle, which moves CiviCRM menu down and shows drupal menu above CiviCRM menu
Most CiviCRM users only use the CiviCRM menu. ‘Adjust menu position’ is most useful for site administrators and ideally would be hidden for all other users.
The menu item ‘adjust menu position’ is available for all CiviCRM users. There is no configuration as with other menu items in the Navigation Menu to define permissions or enable/disable it completely.
Some CiviCRM users who do not use the drupal menu find it confusing seeing both CiviCRM menu and drupal menu together. The ‘hide menu’ already allows access to the drupal menu for these users who need it, and it’s located under the CiviCRM main menu, where the ‘adjust menu position’ is prominent on the CiviCRM menu panel.
As there is another way of hiding the civicrm menu ie ‘hide menu’ option and as such most of the sites have been configured in a way that the user is directly taken to the CiviCRM dashboard on login, we suggest the following:
The menu item ‘adjust menu position’ can be configurable so that it can be hidden from basic CiviCRM users.
- ‘Adjust menu position’ would be part of the Navigation Menu and be configurable like other menu items
- Users who could access the Administer menu would have the permission to customise this menu item
- It would be customisable like other menu items, with the key functionality of being able to set permissions.