Membership status changed automatically despite status override
When you change the status of a contribution from Pending to Completed, it changes the status of a linked membership. This is OK for "normal memberships", but when the status override is set to "override permanently", I don't expect CiviCRM to change the status.
As the online help describes: If you select "Override Permanently", the status you assign will remain in force.
- go to the civi demo environment
- select Russell Samson
- delete his contribution
- edit his membership:
- set "status override" to "override permanently"
- set "Membership status" to "current"
- check "Record Membership Payment"
- set "Payment Status" to "Pending"
- click "save"
- edit the contribution
- change the "Contribution Status" from "Pending" to "Completed"
- check the membership status: it was changed to "New". The override setting was not respected.
When "Status override" is set to "Override permanently", the status should not be changed by CiviCRM. When it is set to "Override until Selected Date", the status should not be changed automatically if that date is in the future.