Status should be Pending Refund but stays at Completed
Testing some more with price sets and recording refunds and payments I ran into the following issue, which is pretty specific but can be a symptom of something that should be changed.
- Event registration with price set. Fee 50. Contribution status = pending
- Record Payment of 50 euro. Contribution status = Completed
- Change Event price set to Fee 25. Contribution status = Pending Refund
- Record Refund of 25. Contribution status = Completed
All is well at this point. But check what happens next
- Change Event price set to Fee 50. Contribution status should become: Partially Paid. Instead it remains at completed. Event Balance = 25 (25 should still be paid). Also the contribution amount should have become 50 again. But it remains to be 25.
Two observations: a. When at step 5 a fee higher than the original 50 is selected (fi. 75 euro) then the contribution changes correctly to Partially Paid b. Because the 'record payment' & 'record refund' buttons react to the contribution status rather than the Balance, they are not shown when the contribution has a false status of Completed.
As a sidenote I think the 'Record Payment' and 'Record Refund' buttons/links should always be available and other amounts than the full balance should be able to be refunded.