Batch update for cases gives a warning and then fatal error if only one case is in the list
I also see this on dmaster.demo, and I'm still trying to see the exact triggers to reproduce and when it started, but what seems to be a consistent one is:
- First set up a profile that has a case field in it, e.g. a profile that just has case status.
- Do a find cases that results in only one search result.
- Select it and choose update multiple cases from the actions dropdown.
- You'll get a warning like
Notice: Undefined property: CRM_Core_DAO::$case_id in CRM_Core_Form_Task::preProcessCommon() (line 139 of /srv/buildkit/build/dmaster/web/sites/all/modules/civicrm/CRM/Core/Form/Task.php).
- If you continue and select your profile, you then get a fatal error where it's obvious the problem is that it wasn't able to obtain the case id (the
[message] => DB Error: syntax error [mode] => 16 [debug_info] => SELECT contact.id as contactId, civicrm_case.id as componentId, contact.sort_name as sort_name, email as email FROM civicrm_case as civicrm_case INNER JOIN civicrm_case_contact ccs ON (ccs.case_id = civicrm_case.id) INNER JOIN civicrm_contact contact ON ( contact.id = ccs.contact_id ) LEFT JOIN civicrm_email email ON ( contact.id = email.contact_id AND email.is_primary = 1 ) WHERE civicrm_case.id IN () GROUP BY civicrm_case.id, contact.id
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information