Missing Activity from case if source contact is deleted.
Looks like when a source contact attached to a case activity is deleted, the activity is not displayed under the case.
- Case has some set of activities with target = XYZ and source contact set to "ABC".
- ABC contact is permanently deleted from civicrm.
- Activities with source set to ABC is not displayed on the case.
- Viewing the activity from the URL leads to a fatal error.
Approach to fix?
- Add a validation error/warning before permanently deleting a contact so that user knows this contact is related to activity as "source" and can lead to some missing data on case management screen.
- Load activity under case even if source contact is not present. https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/commit/cbcb312b3e023d8205bb261067d54c79ac79d971 can provide a fix for this approach and a fatal error on view activity page.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information