Paid Issue Queue
Project intended to scope out the process, needs, etc. of expanding the paid issue queue to the community.
Archived project! Repository and other project resources are read-only
Some key points:
- Any issue can be tagged as "Paid Issue Queue", indicating that the submitter is willing to fund all or a portion of the issue in order to prioritize it.
- Issues are tagged Paid Issue Queue either by submitter, triage manager or Core Team.
- Only supporting level contributors and partners (or higher) can partake in the PIQ. This ensures some degree of quality.
- Core Team has first right of refusal on any issue.
- Funding status field is managed by Core Team (“Estimate Needed”, “Estimate Accepted”, “Invoiced”, “Paid”, etc.)
- Quotes can be provided directly in Jira on a project basis (not hourly).
- The Core Team acts as financial clearing house (escrow), receiving payment from requester in advance, and remitting payment to developer once work has been finalized and approved.
- The Core Team will retain 15% of fees.
- 10% to CT general ops
- 5% to bug fund
- In the event of an issue, the Core Team will mediate/arbitrate.
- Quotes/work accepted by ineligible developers will not be merged without QA by Core Team, billable at $175 per hour paid in advance.
- Additional users may contribute financially to an issue.
- CiviCRM will sponsor an annual bug sprint.