CiviMail: "Blast addresses"
You're a CiviMail backend user, and you want to send a casual message to a group of contacts. But you're too lazy to login every time you want to send a message.
- In CiviCRM, go to "Administer => CiviMail => Blast Addresses".
- Create a "New Blast Address". Choose a list of include/exclude groups. Choose some other standard CiviMail options (like header/footer). The output is a unique address
- In your personal email address book, add a contact for
firstname.lastname@example.org. CiviMail's IMAP scanner picks it up and immediately schedules a mailing.
- If your personal email gets hacked, then someone can blast on your behalf.
- If you have someone who you trust composing content -- but not managing contacts -- then you could give them a blast address. Don't need think about ACLs/etc.