Review Contributions in C.O
We have a small backlog in contributions in civicrm.org that need to be reviewed. Currently, this process is done by the core team, however we want to empower others to participate in this effort. The general process of contributing is documented here and likely could be revised. Nonetheless, for the time being, we need to review backlogged contributions.
- Contributions are logged as finanacial type "contribution" and are set to "pending" when submitted. These need to be reviewed and "approved".
- Contributions impact the rankings on https://civicrm.org/experts so we have to be mindful of what are legitimate contributions vs. what are not. Likewise, we need to be fair if we choose to accept a contribution, but adjust it to be more balanced.
- Contributions should be reviewed for their timeframes, reasonability, and purpose.
- Those that fit as contributions should be changed from "pending" to "complete".
- Those that are a close fit should be adjusted as necessary. The contributor should be contacted with an explanation of how and why the contribution was adjusted.
- Those that need additional information or appear to not be a reasonable contribution should be left as pending. The contributor should be contacted for additional information and/or with an explanation of why a particular contribution was declined.