Installer should ask analytics-related questions
It looks like there's a plan underway to make the 2019 installer the standard installer: See dev/core#1615.
Several years ago, we discussed adding additional installer questions to improve our communications/analytics. If we're rolling out a new installer, let's reopen discussion.
Proposals I recall are checkboxes for the following:
- Allow signing up for CiviCRM newsletter (aka "get added to c.o/civicrm") from the install screen.
- Allow collecting the Default Organization data for similar purposes.
- It's OK to contact the evaluator for assistance with evaluation.
- There was also discussion of a field, hidden from the UI, that indicated that the installer was managed by a partner (and an optional field for the installer's name). This would allow us to a) get a sense of how many sites are being implemented by partners, b) in-app communication could be tailored based on whether a partner is involved.
Some of this got bogged down in, "Oh, it's not fair if one shop hogs all the evaluation calls" - but honestly, 5 years later that feels like the least of our concerns. We should implement whichever of these feels uncontroversial.
I'll also propose:
- Contact me if we have an unpatched security issue.